Monday, March 07, 2005

Teach - mon 7th march

Today was, in fact, a tiny bit of a nightmare. I turned up at School ( a place I actually love - constantly amused by questions such as 'miss, are you pregnant?! hoho) to teach my usual lessons. Unfortunately was feelin quite exhausted to start with (the several chocci bars eaten before hand probably not helping there!) and the kids....well......weren't.

The poor teacher spent 20 minutes quieting the class before he could actually start the lesson. The lesson itself was presented to a class of kids who walked around, discuse playboy and the fact that Chris's (no idea who he is either) girlfriend was pregnant and generally cheeked the teacher. Then came my turn.

If I'm honest, I love troublesome teenagers. Can't help it. Whilst my friends coo over babies, I get broody over miss behaving thirteen year olds. I know, it's not normal. The school is generally streed at the mo due to the up and coming ofsted inspection. Anyway, I began the lesson on data and frequency charts to a (relatively) quiet class. This didn't last long.
Was almost reduced to tears by one young man who refused to turn around and face the board contantly remarking: "UUhhhh!! I can hear you , I don't have to see you as well!!"
However, there were some highlights. I managed to get several members of the class to copy down the info on the board into their notebooks. May not sound like much but some kids in this class literally just sit there during the lessons and do zero work. To be honest, although very distracted, I don't think they're bad kids. Most respond well to encouragement, which I try to give them at every opportunity.

I was quite relieved to leave at the end of the day. Exhausted. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home